Kia ora koutou,
This is a friendly reminder that you are probably reading the Electric Fencepost.
Here are some (potentially) little known facts about your favourite weekly read, at least one is a lie:
- Electric Fencepost can shortened to the acronym ‘EFP’, it just rolls off the tongue
- it’s named after our electrifying experiences at Whakamaru Domain, circa 2007 (and beyond)
- we used to write it by hand and send by owl
- the EFP in it’s current state is an automatically generated email digest of News as posted on our website throughout the week
- YOU can contribute to your beloved news rag. Flick us an email – if it is relevant to our community we are happy to get the word out for you
- the writers of EFP live in a cave somewhere in between Lake Tarawera and Lake Tekapo, we can’t be sure. Our food is delivered via a pulley system and sunlight is scarce… HELP
- at the time of writing, we have 1289 subscribers
- there are currently three regular writers of EFP; one is new, the other two have been here so long we could be mistaken for furniture.
Next week we’ll have a quiz so we know you’ve been paying attention. Prizes include: unlimited praise, a spot on our hugely popular volunteer team, and maybe more!
Thank you for your readership, time and understanding.
Ngā mihi nui,
The Electrified Chicken… uhhh… Fencepost.