In Memoriam – Shane Billingham

The Electric Fencepost

Shane Billingham kiwiburner who tragically passed away at Burning Man 2019

It is with heavy hearts we share some very sad news. Shane Billingham, a well known and beloved Kiwiburner, passed away at Burning Man last week. He died of carbon monoxide poisoning due to a generator placed too close to his vehicle’s air intake while he was taking a nap inside to cool down. It was a truly tragic accident. He will be greatly missed by all who knew him. Kiwiburn offers sincere condolences to his family, friends and Burning Man campmates.

A Give-A-Little campaign has been set up to help bring Shane home. Please help if you can.

If you feel the need to talk to someone about your grief (or anything, really), call or text 1737 24/7. This is a government funded initiative through Ministry of Health with trained counsellors on the other end.

Other 24/7 volunteer run helplines lines:
Lifeline 0800 543 354
Samaritans 0800 726 666

kia kaha, kia maia e te whānau, arohanui mai