



2018 Kiwiburn AGM Minutes

Attendees:

Allosphere (Alistair)
Andy__ (Andy Bean-Counter)
BillParkin
Bunny
communications (Shelley Watson – Communications Facilitator)
Cookie
Curtbutnotshort (Curt, sound report)
CreatureLab (David)
dan_aston
Feather
Gary
Hisfluffiness (Dre "Ranger Fluffy" Goble, Black Sheep Rangers' co-lead.)
Hjk (Paul and Kristy – medics)
Iliiketoparty (
Jamie_ (Jamie – Crew Facilitator)
Jaz (Jaz Hunter – Chair)
Kalizahira (Kali – Ops 2ic)
Lary_died_for_o (
Lumos (Lumos – Regional Representative)
Meg
Mel-o-sauras (Mel – KAC)
Navigator – Margaret
Oddy (Sean)
Paddy
Poppy (Poppy Norman – Site Safety and Event Manager Lead)
Ronan_
rosegold
Secretary_ (Geveta)
Tanz (Taina – Admin)
Tim__ (Sutcliffe)
tirohia_ (Ben)
Zeb_
Zoe
Z147

#Kiwiburn: (no topic set)

[20:01] == communications [79625862@gateway/web/freenode/ip.121.98.88.98] has joined #Kiwiburn

[20:01] <Jaz> Let's start the meeting with introductions please.

[20:02] <Andy__> I am Andy Justice Treasurer

[20:02] <Tanz> Hi, I'm Tania, Admin Facilitator

[20:02] <hjk> <<<Paul and Kirsty, we bought popcorn, waiting for the fireworks ;)

[20:03] <Paddy> Hello, I've attended 3 x Kiwiburn and this year's Modifyre. Co-organiser of the Very Alternative Gathering camp.

[20:03] <navigator> Hello, God, it's me, Margaret,

[20:03] <Secretary_> Hi all I'm Geveta Cook, Secretary

[20:03] <Ronan_> Ronan, infrastructure facilitator

[20:03] <lumos> Lumos - 11 years of KB and a NZ regional contact for Burningman

[20:04] <communications> shelley, communications facilitator

[20:04] <bunny> Hi this is Bunny. longtime kiwiburner.

[20:04] == Cookie [73bd5131@gateway/web/freenode/ip.115.189.81.49] has joined #Kiwiburn

[20:05] == Meg [de9b4385@gateway/web/freenode/ip.222.155.67.133] has joined #Kiwiburn

[20:05] <Meg> Ok

[20:05] <hisfluffiness> Dre "Ranger Fluffy" Goble, Black Sheep Rangers' co-lead.

[20:05] <tirohia_> I'm me, have been for a while. Planning on remaining so for the foreseeable future. Otherwise known as Ben.

[20:06] <Iliketoparty> snoopin in on agm cause Iam at me ma's nothing better to do

[20:06] == nb_ [7a3a2ed1@gateway/web/freenode/ip.122.58.46.209] has joined #Kiwiburn

[20:06] == Jamie_ [7a3bb7c1@gateway/web/freenode/ip.122.59.183.193] has joined #Kiwiburn

[20:06] == dan_aston [cb56ce50@gateway/web/freenode/ip.203.86.206.80] has joined #Kiwiburn

[20:06] == nb_ has changed nick to Guest99211

[20:06] == Feather [cb051c15@gateway/web/freenode/ip.203.5.28.21] has joined #Kiwiburn

[20:06] <dan_aston> Hey folks!

[20:07] <Jaz> For those who have just joined us. Welcome to the Kiwiburn AGM for 2018. We have just started introductions. Thanks

[20:08] == Guest99211 [7a3a2ed1@gateway/web/freenode/ip.122.58.46.209] has quit [Client Quit]

[20:08] <CreatureLab> David here from the Creature Lab. Interested in finding out a bit more about the inner workings <3

[20:08] <Jaz> If you plan to engage in the meeting please use an easily identifiable handle and introduce yourself.

[20:08] == Zeb_ [67e917b4@gateway/web/freenode/ip.103.233.23.180] has joined #Kiwiburn

[20:09] == Zeb_ [67e917b4@gateway/web/freenode/ip.103.233.23.180] has quit [Client Quit]

[20:09] <Jaz> Thanks everyone.I believe our Secretary will note everyone's introductions for the record.

[20:09] <Jaz> We also need to confirm current members of Kiwiburn Incorporated - if you attended Kiwiburn 2018 this year or alternatively have paid the \$15 membership fee then you are a current member. Can you please confirm Yes or No if you are a current member.

[20:10] <navigator> yes.

[20:10] <Paddy> Yes

[20:10] <hisfluffiness> Yes

[20:10] <communications> yes

[20:10] <bunny> yes

[20:10] <Tim__> Tim.s here from RJ yes

[20:10] <BillParkin> no

[20:10] <Jaz> Yes
[20:10] <Andy__> Yes
[20:10] <Cookie> im cookie :) and i attended kb 2018
[20:10] <CreatureLab> Yes
[20:10] <Secretary_> Yes
[20:10] <Tanz> Yes
[20:10] <Ronan_> yes
[20:10] <hjk> we are only observing as we are the medics
[20:11] == Zeb_ [67e917b4@gateway/web/freenode/ip.103.233.23.180] has joined #Kiwiburn
[20:11] <Meg> No just observing
[20:11] <Iliketoparty> nope
[20:11] <Zeb_> Testing..
[20:11] <Jaz> Please note. Membership confirmation is for voting purposes. If you are not a member, you can not vote.
[20:11] <lumos> yes
[20:12] <tirohia_> yes
[20:12] <Meg> Meg Marshall...otherwise known as meg...
[20:12] == oddy [79633c1c@gateway/web/freenode/ip.121.99.60.28] has joined #Kiwiburn
[20:12] <dan_aston> Yes!
[20:12] <Jamie_> yes
[20:13] <Jaz> Before we start with a review of the previous year, I'd like to ask that we let people finish their reports before asking questions.
[20:14] <Jaz> Our first order of business is the Chairperson's report. Thank you to my predecessor Ben Curren for stepping up as Chair when it was needed and to the current ExCom members for your support while I have been muddling my way through finding my feet. We are in the final stage of negotiating our resource consent. Many thanks to Poppy, Chanelle and Curt for the hard work they have put in to this. The end is in sight! There is a lot of work
[20:14] <Jaz> ensuring the sound camps comprehend how vital it is that they cooperated and take ownership with us to ensure we don't breach the new conditions.
[20:14] <Jaz> ExCom are in the process of revising the current organisation structure with the intention that all roles and responsibilities are clearly defined. This revised Org structure is not ready for vote tonight however. We will continue to work this out over the coming weeks and be calling a vote at some point soon..
[20:15] == Halo_ [1bfd947@gateway/web/freenode/ip.27.252.217.71] has joined #Kiwiburn
[20:15] <Jaz> As everyone is aware, at the burn this year we dealt with a number of emergencies and incidents that were serious and have made us question the direction Kiwiburn is heading. I want to thank our On-site Operations Team and Medics who did an exceptional job managing these emergencies.
[20:16] <Jaz> To help us plan the event safety we have engaged the services of the Health & Safety specialists All About People <https://www.allaboutpeople.co.nz/> who have drafted a new Event Management Safety Plan which we submitted with our resource consent application.
[20:16] == GArY [31e0faf5@gateway/web/freenode/ip.49.224.250.245] has joined #Kiwiburn
[20:16] <Jaz> Thank you to Tania for starting the safety plan.
[20:16] == GArY has changed nick to Guest37493
[20:17] <Jaz> I would like to arrange for All About People to visit the site before the event commences and perform an inspection of the site and build crews.
[20:17] <Jaz> Incidents at Kiwiburn 2018 saw the formation of the Culture Focus Group. Created by volunteers outside of the ExCom who took the initiative to start the group with the aim to engage the community around the culture of Kiwiburn

[20:17] == Feather [cb051c15@gateway/web/freenode/ip.203.5.28.21] has quit [Ping timeout: 252 seconds]

[20:18] <Jaz> I will discuss Volunteer engagement later in the meeting.

[20:18] <Jaz> Any questions?

[20:19] <Ronan_> nope

[20:19] == rosegold [7a3a9728@gateway/web/freenode/ip.122.58.151.40] has joined #Kiwiburn

[20:19] <Tanz> Thanks for all your hard work Jaz

[20:19] == Halo_ [1bfcd947@gateway/web/freenode/ip.27.252.217.71] has quit [Ping timeout: 252 seconds]

[20:19] <communications> ExCom = Executive Committee

[20:19] <Paddy> Nope, well done Jax.

[20:19] <navigator> sounds solid.

[20:19] <Secretary_> Thanks Jaz

[20:19] <Jaz> Thanks Shelley.

[20:20] == allosphere [966baecc@gateway/web/freenode/ip.150.107.174.204] has joined #Kiwiburn

[20:20] <allosphere> hello group

[20:20] == Zeb_ [67e917b4@gateway/web/freenode/ip.103.233.23.180] has quit [Ping timeout: 252 seconds]

[20:21] == Guest37493 [31e0faf5@gateway/web/freenode/ip.49.224.250.245] has quit [Ping timeout: 252 seconds]

[20:22] <Jaz> Note. There is no vote required for reports.

[20:22] <Jaz> Any questions before I move on?

[20:22] <hisfluffiness> On the matter of voting, does the AGM have a minimum quorum?

[20:23] == allosphere_ [966baecc@gateway/web/freenode/ip.150.107.174.204] has joined #Kiwiburn

[20:23] <Andy__> 10 members is quorum for AGM

[20:24] <communications> Yes, quorum of 10 required

[20:24] <hisfluffiness> Cool

[20:24] <tirohia_> I believe the quorum is something ludicrously small, like 10 or something.

[20:24] <Jaz> Next item on the agenda is the Treasurer's report therefore I will hand the floor over to Andy Beancounter. Just a reminder to we let people finish their reports before asking questions.

[20:24] == Mel-o-sauras [7a3a86c8@gateway/web/freenode/ip.122.58.134.200] has joined #Kiwiburn

[20:24] == allosphere [966baecc@gateway/web/freenode/ip.150.107.174.204] has quit [Ping timeout: 252 seconds]

[20:25] <Andy__> The provisional Financial Statement for the year ended 31 March 2018 have been posted on ExCom Live for review.

[20:25] <Andy__> As stated in the notes to the Financials the figures are at this stage provisional – this is only because we have not yet completed the process of chasing up copies of invoices or receipts from suppliers for expenses incurred over the past two years that have previously been treated as non deductible for income tax and GST because they had no supporting documentation.

[20:25] <Andy__> We aim to complete this process in the next couple of weeks and if sufficient documentation can be obtained we will re-file the 2017 Tax and GST returns - and possibly 2016 as well – to gain tax and GST refunds and improve our overall cash position

[20:25] <Andy__> The expectation is to finalise results in September. At that time I will repost on ExCom Live the revised 2018 Financials for approval before I file them with the IRD and Societies Office

[20:26] <Andy__> Over and out - any questions????

[20:26] <Ronan_> nope. thanks Andy

[20:26] <Jamie_> Thanks Andy

[20:27] <Jaz> Many thanks Andy

[20:27] <Paddy> Sounds like you have it well under control Andy. Well done.

[20:28] <Secretary_> Thanks for all your work with this Andy

[20:28] <Andy__> Thanks for the thank yous - happy to help

[20:29] <Jaz> Excellent work. Please note. Reports do not require a vote.

[20:29] <Jaz> The next item is the Afterburn Report which can be found here:

[20:29] <Jaz> <http://www.kiwiburn.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/KB18-Afterburn-Report.pdf>

[20:29] <Jaz> I hope everyone has read the report. There is one report missing for Town Hall. Are there any questions?

[20:30] <Ronan_> no thanks

[20:31] <navigator> the report was very insightful. no questions.

[20:31] <hisfluffiness> Seems legit.

[20:32] <Tim__> Is there going to be a more in depth report on sound issues?

[20:32] == Tim__ [79633c1c@gateway/web/freenode/ip.121.99.60.28] has quit [Quit: Page closed]

[20:33] <Jaz> What do you mean by more depth please?

[20:33] == larry_died_for_o [7a39302b@gateway/web/freenode/ip.122.57.48.43] has joined #Kiwiburn

[20:33] <Jaz> *in depth

[20:33] == Tim__ [79633c1c@gateway/web/freenode/ip.121.99.60.28] has joined #Kiwiburn

[20:34] == allosphere [966baecc@gateway/web/freenode/ip.150.107.174.204] has joined #Kiwiburn

[20:34] <lumos> Tim got bumped and is now back, you may need to repeat the question Jaz

[20:34] == Kalazahira [caa82b17@gateway/web/freenode/ip.202.168.43.23] has joined #Kiwiburn

[20:35] <Jaz> Thanks. Hi Tim. Could you please be more precise about what more in depth information you're after in the sound report?

[20:35] <Tim__> I'm not sure of the info surrounding the complaints that would exist but maybe copies of complaints/ times and dates

[20:36] <Tim__> Any information that would help the community understand the issues better

[20:36] == allosphere_ [966baecc@gateway/web/freenode/ip.150.107.174.204] has quit [Ping timeout: 252 seconds]

[20:37] <hisfluffiness> Do you mean supporting evidence, then, Tim?

[20:38] <Paddy> Perhaps better definition of what the neighbours consider a problem?

[20:38] == Feather [7949701d@gateway/web/freenode/ip.121.73.112.29] has joined #Kiwiburn

[20:38] <Tim__> Yeah how much the allowed levels were exceeded by etc

[20:39] <tirohia_> Isn't there a group for the sound camps for those discussions? Fletch was having those discussions with sound camps late last year iirc.

[20:39] == Cookie [73bd5131@gateway/web/freenode/ip.115.189.81.49] has quit [Ping timeout: 252 seconds]

[20:39] == CreatureLab [cb56ce50@gateway/web/freenode/ip.203.86.206.80] has quit [Ping timeout: 252 seconds]

[20:39] <Iliketoparty> Have you guys heard of a broadside cardioid array make sub frequencies which are omi directional be sent straight forward if there a issue with bass

[20:40] == z147 [7a3a2ed1@gateway/web/freenode/ip.122.58.46.209] has joined #Kiwiburn

[20:40] <communications> the info <Tim__> is asking about is post event. the sound camp discussion with fletch was pre event

[20:40] <tirohia_> What the neighbours consider a problem would be, I'm guessing, at a minimum, anything that breaches the resource consent levels.

[20:40] <allosphere> nope but id sure be interested in the engineering cause I dont see how thats possible

[20:40] == lumos [6745e56e@gateway/web/freenode/ip.103.69.229.110] has quit [Ping timeout: 252 seconds]

[20:41] <Jaz> Detailed planning of our sound policy is not appropriate discussion for the AGM. Once we get the resource consent we will starting a planning group and discussion with all sound camps.

[20:41] <Jaz> Unfortunately neither the on-site operations manager or the acoustician are present who are best to answer questions about the sound issues we faced this year.

[20:42] == lumos [6745e56e@gateway/web/freenode/ip.103.69.229.110] has joined #Kiwiburn

[20:42] <Kalizahira> Sorry, I missed the question. Could I possibly help?

[20:43] == Feather [7949701d@gateway/web/freenode/ip.121.73.112.29] has quit [Quit: Page closed]

[20:43] <Jaz> We are in the final stages of negotiations around the sound conditions and once we have the resource consent confirmed the conditions will be posted to the ExCom Google Group.

[20:43] <navigator> Forgive my naïveté, but isn't the sound issue central to the continuity of the burn?

[20:44] <Jaz> It is indeed.

[20:44] <Jaz> I can't supply the details that are being requested about the last event however.

[20:45] <hisfluffiness> Presumably, they exist, though?

[20:45] == lumoslumos [6745e56e@gateway/web/freenode/ip.103.69.229.110] has joined #Kiwiburn

[20:45] <Jaz> Do you mean the record of the breaches this year?

[20:45] <hisfluffiness> Yes

[20:46] <allosphere> perhaps they could be posted to the kiwiburn website

[20:46] <rosegold> have the number of breaches decreased from the previous year?

[20:46] == lumos [6745e56e@gateway/web/freenode/ip.103.69.229.110] has quit [Ping timeout: 252 seconds]

[20:48] == Feather [7949701d@gateway/web/freenode/ip.121.73.112.29] has joined #Kiwiburn

[20:49] <Jaz> I was not prepared for this question and did not work on the sound issues this year please give me a moment

[20:49] <Tanz> This is the group we set up for last years sound discussion (most of the actual discussion occurred via group conference calls).
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/kiwiburn-sound-policy-discussion>

[20:49] == Weka [794a8e19@gateway/web/freenode/ip.121.74.142.25] has joined #Kiwiburn

[20:49] <Tanz> Can I suggest if you are interested in discussion the sound policy you join the group and we table the discussion for now so we can get through the other agm items?

[20:49] <Secretary_> Kali do you have any further in sight perchance?

[20:50] <Kalizahira> Yup. This year the sound issues were greatly reduced. Thank you sound camps for that tho we still have some work to do.

[20:50] <hjk> details on sound policy, sound complaints, previous infringements etc arent really applicable to an agm, they could be discussed elsewhere in more detail, for now, it is what it is

[20:50] <Kalizahira> Our complaints were way down this year, we only breached our levels once and not by much

[20:51] <Kalizahira> However these levels were based on our previous resource consent and and were caculated in our favour

[20:51] <navigator> I don't have any desire to sidetrack this discussion, but I can't help but wonder (maybe others do too?) , with regard to council consent, are we really just talking about noise distraction, or have some of the other recent incidents factored in?

[20:51] <Kalizahira> I am not uptodate with current negotiations but I suspect new sound levels will be more fair and make us work a little harder to achieve but I dont see this being unachievable

[20:51] <navigator> just want to clarify

[20:52] <Jaz> It is only sound. That is the only issue.

[20:52] <navigator> cool.

[20:52] <communications> @ <hjk> most questions the community has after reading the afterburn report are valid

[20:52] <rosegold> thanks :)

[20:52] <Jaz> The council were happy with our handling of the emergency situations

[20:52] <Secretary_> thanks for that Kali

[20:53] <hjk> i work for rangitikei dc, i can tell you 100% it is all about the sound. i also have direct links to police, fire and ambulance, and the 'incidents' have nothing to do with the events difficulties

[20:53] <Jaz> The only negotiations on the resource consent application are around sound.

[20:53] <navigator> *pew*

[20:53] <allosphere> therefore it would seem fully pertinent to discuss at the agm

[20:54] == Poppy [3cf2218d@gateway/web/freenode/ip.60.242.33.141] has joined #Kiwiburn

[20:54] <Jaz> Welcome Poppy. Thanks for joining.

[20:54] <allosphere> but if the answers arent to hand then I guess we move on to the next agenda item

[20:55] <Poppy> Hi all. I am at work so can't be here long but apparently people have some questions re: noise and resource consent? I can't see the chat before I joined so are you able to repeat these questions?

[20:56] <allosphere> we were wondering the nature of the complaints and the exact nature of our breaches

[20:56] <communications> nb Poppy is site safety facilitator for kiwiburn

[20:56] <hisfluffiness> Poppy, I do you have available statistics on the noise breaches? Will these be made available to the community?

[20:59] == oddy [79633c1c@gateway/web/freenode/ip.121.99.60.28] has quit [Ping timeout: 252 seconds]

[20:59] <Poppy> We have had 8 official noise complaints over the course of the last two events (7 in 2017 and only 1 in 2018). These are complaints that the council received and so do not include calls and texts to the site manager phone (only 1 complaint direct to us this year). The council are more concerned with the nature of the complaints rather than the number. The main complaints come from a close neighbour (other neighbours complained in 201

[20:59] <Poppy> This is due to moving Chur lol

[21:00] <Poppy> We breached the noise conditions of our last resource consent on the Friday night of this years event

[21:00] <communications> what time of night?

[21:01] == curtbutnotshort [794a09ab@gateway/web/freenode/ip.121.74.9.171] has joined #Kiwiburn

[21:01] <Poppy> Off the top of my head (at work so can't look) it was about 1:30-2am. We didn't breach it by much or for long but it is still a major concern.

[21:03] <Poppy> In terms of publishing this information I can arrange to post the post event noise report on Facebook if need be

[21:03] <rosegold> Thanks for your insight Poppy :)

[21:03] <allosphere> that would be great poppy

[21:03] <dan_aston> Cheers Poppy :)

[21:03] <Secretary_> thanks Poppy

[21:03] <Jaz> For those just joining us, welcome. If you engage in the meeting please introduce yourself first. We have completed the Chairperson's report, the Treasurer's report and are just discussing the sound issues for the resource consent in the Afterburn report.

[21:04] <curtbutnotshort> It is Curt here, the sound report fella

[21:04] <Paddy> That would be great Poppy, thanks for taking the time to join us.

[21:04] <allosphere> perhaps we need to discuss penalties for theme camps that breach in the sound discussion group

[21:04] <Poppy> Once we have got the noise conditions for resource consent agreed with the council we will need a team to step up and develop policies and plans on how to implement them

[21:05] <Jaz> We will discuss the sound policy with the community after we have received our resource consent.

[21:05] <Poppy> We won't begin this just yet but if anyone is interested please email operations@kiwiburn.com

[21:05] <Jaz> But yes indeed, it is vital that we cooperate so we don't breach it.

[21:06] <curtbutnotshort> The noise limits have been determined so that this year would be fully compliant except for the small breach on early Sat morning

[21:06] <Poppy> Does anyone have any more questions for me? I have to get back to work sorry.

[21:06] <Secretary_> we can perhaps set up a thread on ExCom live so you don't have to repeat the same info Poppy (& Curt)

[21:07] <allosphere> no questions from me, thanks poppy

[21:07] <Andy__> Complaint was 26/1/ received by Council at 23:44

[21:07] <Poppy> I was way off on the time sorry!

[21:07] <curtbutnotshort> Ok but I would like to say that town planning set up a pretty good layout this year in terms of sound

[21:08] <hisfluffiness> Thanks, Poppy! No further questions :)

[21:08] <Andy__> Poppy - only by a few minutes

[21:08] <Poppy> FYI the overall site layout was determined and planned by the Operations Team

[21:08] <Secretary_> nice! that's positive thanks Curt

[21:08] <curtbutnotshort> Levels were back to compliant by 2am from memory

[21:09] <allosphere> Hi Curt, do you know if we also went over decibel limit on our recorder at the time of the complaint?

[21:09] <curtbutnotshort> Yup

[21:09] <curtbutnotshort> By about 4 dB - the burn night though was all good

[21:10] <allosphere> ok thanks

[21:11] <Jaz> Thanks Curt and Poppy for answering those questions. Are there anymore questions regarding the Afterburn report before we move on?

[21:11] == Weka [794a8e19@gateway/web/freenode/ip.121.74.142.25] has quit [Ping timeout: 252 seconds]

[21:12] <allosphere> I would like to know what the rate of sexual harrassment type complaints were compared to 2017

[21:12] <Mel-o-sauras> Kia ora whanau. Thanks for all of the hard work you have all put in <3

[21:12] <allosphere> thats another major area of concern to me

[21:12] <Secretary_> that may be senstive information for sharing, not sure if appropriate

[21:13] <Secretary_> ?

[21:13] <Jaz> Hi allosphere. Could you introduce yourself please? Sorry if you already have.

[21:13] <allosphere> Hi team Im alistair with dancealot

[21:13] == Mel-o-sauras [7a3a86c8@gateway/web/freenode/ip.122.58.134.200] has quit [Quit: Page closed]

[21:14] <Jaz> I don't believe we can answer that question for you right now. We don't have the Site Manager Lead or the Conduct Conduct Representative present.

[21:15] <Jaz> I'm not even sure if we can supply that information due to privacy issue tbh,

[21:15] <Jaz> *Conduct Committee Lead

[21:15] <lumoslumos> I think it would be safe to say we either did better or worse than last year regards sexual harrassment type complaints

[21:15] <Poppy> Its also not a number we tally up as we deal with each situation individually and do not keep statistics. We could go back through incident reports and add them up but there would be no benefit to that.

[21:16] <Tanz> There is the culture focus group which might be a more appropriate place to continue the discussion surrounding this.

[21:16] == oddy [79633c1c@gateway/web/freenode/ip.121.99.60.28] has joined #Kiwiburn

[21:16] <Jaz> <https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/kiwiburn-culture-focus-group>

[21:16] <allosphere> ok cool, I was only after general trends not specific incidents. i think that this is very important to our community. perhaps we should be keeping statistics and I would Also be interested in a policy discussion group being set up

[21:17] <allosphere> awesome thank you

[21:17] == Poppy [3cf2218d@gateway/web/freenode/ip.60.242.33.141] has quit [Quit: Page closed]

[21:17] <hisfluffiness> That's largely what the CC and Culture Focus group are doing.

[21:17] <Jaz> It sounds like you should participate in the Culture Focus Group. I've supplied the link above

[21:18] <Kalizahira> Hi Allosphere, we are in a consulting phase in the focus group at the moment after community opinion has been sought we will be suggesting new policies and projects

[21:18] <Jaz> Yes the Conduct Committee are working on policies at the moment

[21:18] <Kalizahira> However the group is forward facing and does not have past statistics.

[21:19] <Jaz> Please remember to also follow the ExCom google group to keep update to date with the Conduct Committee polices.

[21:19] <Jaz> <https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/kiwiburnexcomlive>

[21:20] <allosphere> thanks I'll jump in there and have a read

[21:20] <Jaz> You can also learn more about the CC here: <http://www.kiwiburn.com/conduct-committee/> and contact them if you need to.

[21:20] == Curtbutnotshort_ [794a09ab@gateway/web/freenode/ip.121.74.9.171] has joined #Kiwiburn

[21:21] <Jaz> Are there anymore questions regarding the Afterburn report?

[21:21] <hisfluffiness> Forge ahead, I reckon.

[21:22] <Jaz> The next item on the agenda is the review of committee members and officers roles and the people currently in those roles. Note: We are currently reviewing the org. structure but this will voted on at a later date.

[21:22] <Jaz> Current officer roles are held by:

[21:22] <Jaz> Myself, Jaz, as Chair,

[21:22] <Jaz> Geveta as Secretary,

[21:22] <Jaz> Andy as Treasurer,

[21:22] <Jaz> Tania as Admin Facilitator

[21:23] <Jaz> Jamie as Crew Facilitator

[21:23] <Jaz> Shelley as Comms Facilitator

[21:23] == curtbutnotshort [794a09ab@gateway/web/freenode/ip.121.74.9.171] has quit [Ping timeout: 252 seconds]

[21:23] <Jaz> Poppy as Site Safety Facilitator

[21:23] <Jaz> Ronan as Ops Facilitator (Infrastructure)

[21:24] <Jaz> Note: The role of Arts Facilitator is currently not filled

[21:24] <Jaz> Does the community have confidence in the roles as they are currently being executed?

[21:24] <Kalizahira> yup

[21:24] <tirohia_> Is that a call for a vote?

[21:24] <Secretary_> ben - yes

[21:24] <Paddy> Yes, your doing a fine job.

[21:24] <Kalizahira> seoned

[21:25] <Curtbutnotshort_> Yup

[21:25] <Jaz> I'm going to call a vote to accept the current officers in these roles. Remember to vote only if you attended Kiwiburn 2018 or have paid your \$15 membership fee

[21:25] <tirohia_> Aye.

[21:25] <Tanz> Are ExCom members allowed to vote?

[21:26] == Creaturelab [cb56ce50@gateway/web/freenode/ip.203.86.206.80] has joined #Kiwiburn

[21:26] <bunny> yup

[21:26] <Jaz> It does not say in the rules that ExCom can't vote on this.

[21:26] <Jaz> Andy, correct me if I'm wrong.

[21:26] <allosphere> every member in good financial standing gets a vote

[21:26] <Secretary_> @The purpose of Society Meetings shall be to discuss such matters as require the input of Kiwiburn Incorporated Members as a whole. The purpose of the meeting shall be stated in the written request submitted when the meeting is called. Quorum for a Society Meeting is 15. Ordinary Members may vote at a Society Meeting.'

[21:27] <Paddy> Excom are members, normally commette members are allowed to vote on all but their own positions at other AGMs I attend.

[21:27] <Andy__> You are correct - no mention of excluding - general practice would be to vote for everyone else but abstain from voting for themselves in their own role

[21:27] <Secretary_> " 51% of voting members (be they Committee or Ordinary members depending on the nature of the meeting) must agree before a decision is passed. "

[21:28] == z147 [7a3a2ed1@gateway/web/freenode/ip.122.58.46.209] has quit [Quit: Page closed]

[21:28] <Tanz> Yes in support of everyone but myself then :P

[21:28] <allosphere> aye from me

[21:28] <Jaz> In that case I vote yes for all the other committee members

[21:28] <hisfluffiness> Aye

[21:28] <Kalizahira> aye

[21:29] <Andy__> Yes to everyone else

[21:29] <Curtbutnotshort_> Yup but don't count me twice

[21:29] <larry_died_for_o> no

[21:29] <Jamie_> yes for everyone else

[21:29] <Paddy> Aye.

[21:29] <Ronan_> yes for everyone else

[21:29] == Feather [7949701d@gateway/web/freenode/ip.121.73.112.29] has quit [Ping timeout: 252 seconds]

[21:29] <Jaz> <larry_died_for_o> could you please introduce yourself before engaging in the meeting

[21:29] <Secretary_> yes for all other members in roles given above

[21:30] == lumoslumos [6745e56e@gateway/web/freenode/ip.103.69.229.110] has left #Kiwiburn []

[21:30] <Jaz> <larry_died_for_o> and also confirm if you attended Kiwiburn 2018 or paid the \$15 membership fee in order for your vote to count. Thank you.

[21:31] == lumos [6745e56e@gateway/web/freenode/ip.103.69.229.110] has joined #Kiwiburn

[21:34] == lumos [6745e56e@gateway/web/freenode/ip.103.69.229.110] has quit [Client Quit]

[21:34] == oddy [79633c1c@gateway/web/freenode/ip.121.99.60.28] has quit [Ping timeout: 252 seconds]

[21:34] <Secretary_> is that enough votes?

[21:34] <Jaz> I can count 14 votes in favour. 1 not in favour (but they have not introduced themselves or confirmed membership)

[21:34] <tirohia_> Yup.

[21:34] == lumos [6745e56e@gateway/web/freenode/ip.103.69.229.110] has joined #Kiwiburn

[21:35] <tirohia_> There's only 26 people in the room, a couple non voting.

[21:35] <Jaz> They may not be current members.

[21:35] <Jaz> Thanks everyone for the vote of confidence!

[21:36] <Jaz> Ok next item on the agenda are the plans for the balance of the current and next calendar years. I will hand the floor back to Andy Beancounter.

[21:36] <Jaz> Just a reminder to we let people finish their reports before asking questions.

[21:36] == hjk [7a398852@gateway/web/freenode/ip.122.57.136.82] has quit [Quit: Page closed]

[21:37] <Andy__> I think we have the necessary 51% already if the others are remaining quiet/abstaining....

[21:38] <Jaz> Some have already confirmed at the start of the meeting that they did not attend.

[21:38] <Andy__> Sorry time lag out her in the wops be with you soon

[21:38] <Jaz> There are a few that have not engaged in the meeting too.

[21:38] <Andy__> Budget - Due to the uncertainty over getting resource consent the Budget was not developed early in the year. Once the decision to cancel Kiwiburn 2019 was made and that the next event is 2020, we began preparing a much reduced budget to cover this lull year. At the moment this is already looking to be a minimum loss of \$28,000 or more - depending on what expenses are budgeted to be incurred.

[21:38] <Andy__> ExCom are drafting a budget at the moment and this will then be posted on ExCom Live for the community to have input and discussion. We will also prepare a draft Budget for 2019-2020 covering KB2020 and in particular to cover the first 6 months of that year (Apr-Sep) in which various events such as Summits and Regional Conferences may need to have planned expenditure.

[21:39] <Andy__> \$28,000 loss is due to on-going expenses we incur without running an actual event e.g. insurance, depreciation (which still must be claimed even though event does not occur), consultant costs for site safety plan (cost already incurred), any mid-year or other site working bees, summit meetings, IT costs such as software fees for GSuite, Xero accountancy, plus hosting and other fees for website and social media.

[21:39] == Zoe_ [794a8c66@gateway/web/freenode/ip.121.74.140.102] has joined #Kiwiburn

[21:39] <Andy__> All done...

[21:40] <Jamie_> Thanks Andy

[21:40] <dan_aston> Aye to all current officers retaining their roles

[21:41] <hisfluffiness> Thanks, Andy. No questions.

[21:41] <Jaz> Really great work there Andy. Thank you. I have no questions.

[21:41] <Ronan_> awesome. thanks Andy

[21:41] <Paddy> Thanks Andy.

[21:41] <Secretary_> Thanks Andy.

[21:42] <Jaz> Does anyone have a question for Andy?

[21:42] <Jaz> Right then, I'm going to call a vote to accept the plans for the balance of the current and next calendar years. Remember to vote only if you attended Kiwiburn 2018 or have paid your \$15 membership fee

[21:43] <tirohia_> Second.

[21:43] <allosphere> hi Andy, can i please inquire what the cost of the safety plan was

[21:43] <Jaz> Vote on hold

[21:44] <Andy__> \$2,200 for initial plan for Resource Consent application

[21:44] <allosphere> thanks

[21:44] <Curtbutnotshort_> Sorry and can I just check that we have sufficient resources to cover the loss and the prep for the 2020 event?

[21:45] <Jaz> It's ok. I obviously need to allow more time for questions!

[21:46] <Andy__> YEs we have cash reserves to fund us through but we need to determine ehat level of expenditure we want to support (i.e. finalise the budget) and also it will be part of the 5 year financial strategy such as what reserves do we need to maintain to cover future contingencies.

[21:46] <Secretary_> thank Andy

[21:46] <Curtbutnotshort_> Cheers

[21:47] <allosphere> is the plan to reduce future spending or cover it out of reserves

[21:47] == Zoe_ [794a8c66@gateway/web/freenode/ip.121.74.140.102] has quit [Quit: Page closed]

[21:48] <Andy__> Bit of both - obviously reduce costs to bare minimum but also ensure long term survival i.e. need to invest in training and other preparatory work

[21:50] <Andy__> THat is wher we need the concept of reserves for contingencies such as this lull year (hopefully not occurring again), weather bombs, as well as longer term investment in site infrastructure and asset replacements

[21:50] == Creaturelab [cb56ce50@gateway/web/freenode/ip.203.86.206.80] has quit [Ping timeout: 252 seconds]

[21:51] <allosphere> I agree, is increasing ticket prices by \$14 to cover this too much for some people

[21:52] <Jaz> I believe this would be better suited to another discussion around ticket prices.

[21:53] <Paddy> Some will complain, others won't mind investing in the events future.

[21:53] <Andy__> Ticket numbers and pricing were discussed at the Summit and various options will be looked at during Budget preparation but initial thoughts were to try to maintain price or only a minimal increase if any

[21:53] <Jaz> It is far too complicated for the AGM and any ticket price increases would require discussion and a vote

[21:54] <allosphere> ok

[21:54] <navigator> let's move on, Jaz?

[21:54] <Andy__> Allosphere and Paddy - good points - always happy to get input from teh Community

[21:54] <Jaz> Remember these are the types of discussions you can follow and engage with on <https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/kiwiburnexcomlive>

[21:55] <Secretary_> Thanks Jaz

[21:55] <navigator> <3

[21:55] <Curtbutnotshort_> That may be true but it can't be getting any cheaper to run the event each year and it is important to recognise the need to invest in the future

[21:55] <Curtbutnotshort_> (I sound like my dad)

[21:56] <Andy__> Hi Son

[21:56] <Curtbutnotshort_> :)

[21:57] <allosphere> thanks jaz

[21:57] <Paddy> Atm are the price we pay for the privileges we enjoy as adults.

[21:57] <Jaz> It is most definitively a valid point and discussion to have and we'll need to start it at some point on the ExCom google groups. Are there any other questions to Andy regarding the plans for the balance

[21:58] <BillParkin> There should be a ready source of funds and involvement by accepting memberships in the society without participation in every event.

[21:58] <Jaz> I don't believe there is a refusal of payment for membership?

[21:59] <Andy__> We can accept membership at the moment - rules at fee at \$15/annum -otherwise membership by buying event ticket

[21:59] <BillParkin> Can we aid people to retain their membership - where do I pay?

[21:59] <Andy__> This is an issue that ExCom are currently considering as a lull year has not been encountered before - watch this space

[22:00] <BillParkin> OK :-)

[22:00] <Secretary_> it is currently \$15 for member to retain/join without their participation in the current years event

[22:00] <allosphere> coincidentally that would cover the shortfall....

[22:00] <Secretary_> there's athred for this, I'll post

[22:01] <Secretary_> <https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/kiwiburnexcomlive/BSFUifJJVRE>

[22:01] <Paddy> How many people would bother, considering the numbers here tonight? It would need a decent carrot?

[22:02] <Jaz> Ok are there any final questions for Andy regarding the plans for the balance?

[22:02] <Secretary_> hard to say, if we lead by announcing the loss we will have the community may pull together. Some anyhow.

[22:03] <Secretary_> sorry, bad typing. Tired.

[22:04] <Jaz> I'll be putting my ideas for this in the thread on the excom group.

[22:04] == Ryry [7a38c7f6@gateway/web/freenode/ip.122.56.199.246] has joined #Kiwiburn

[22:04] <Jaz> I'd like to keep moving please

[22:04] <allosphere> no more questions from me, ill start reading the excom live info

[22:04] <hisfluffiness> What's next, Jaz?

[22:05] <Jaz> We now need to vote to accept the plans for the balance of the current and next calendar years. Remember to vote only if you attended Kiwiburn 2018 or have paid your \$15 membership fee

[22:05] <Jaz> Can I get a second?

[22:05] <tirohia_> Seconded.

[22:05] <Kalizahira> aye

[22:05] <Ronan_> yes

[22:05] <Paddy> Aye

[22:05] <tirohia_> aye.

[22:05] <Tanz> Yes

[22:05] <Curtbutnotshort_> Yup

[22:05] <Secretary_> yes

[22:05] <communications> yes

[22:05] <bunny> yes

[22:05] <hisfluffiness> Aye

[22:06] <Andy__> Yes

[22:06] <Tim__> Yes

[22:06] <Jamie_> yes

[22:06] <navigator> aye

[22:06] <lumos> yes

[22:06] <allosphere> aye

[22:06] <Jaz> Yes

[22:07] <Jaz> That is more than the required 51%. Motion passed.

[22:08] <Jaz> Next item...

[22:08] <Jaz> Now to vote to continue the existence of the various subcommittees that Kiwiburn has currently which are:

[22:08] == Ryry_ [7a38c7f6@gateway/web/freenode/ip.122.56.199.246] has joined #Kiwiburn

[22:08] <Jaz> Kiwiburn Arts Committee (KAC)

[22:08] == Ryry [7a38c7f6@gateway/web/freenode/ip.122.56.199.246] has quit [Ping timeout: 252 seconds]

[22:09] <Jaz> I would like to vote for these individually. All in favour of continuing the KAC?

[22:09] <Secretary_> yes for KAC

[22:09] <Tanz> yes

[22:09] <allosphere> aye

[22:09] <Kalizahira> aye

[22:09] <Secretary_> yes

[22:09] <Andy__> yes

[22:09] <Paddy> Aye

[22:09] <Ronan_> yes
[22:09] <Jamie_> yes
[22:10] <navigator> heck yes
[22:10] <Curtbutnotshort_> Yup
[22:10] == larry_died_for_o [7a39302b@gateway/web/freenode/ip.122.57.48.43] has quit [Quit: Page closed]
[22:10] <Tim__> Yes
[22:10] == Tim__ [79633c1c@gateway/web/freenode/ip.121.99.60.28] has quit [Quit: Page closed]
[22:10] <bunny> yes
[22:10] <hisfluffiness> Aye
[22:11] <lumos> yes\
[22:11] <communications> yes
[22:11] <Jaz> yes
[22:11] <Jaz> 17 votes in favour. More than the required 51%. Motion passed.
[22:12] <tirohia_> yes
[22:13] <Jaz> We are now voting to continue the Conduct Committee (CC) sub-committee.
Remember to vote only if you attended Kiwiburn 2018 or have paid your \$15 membership fee
[22:13] <Tanz> Yes
[22:13] <Paddy> Seconded
[22:13] <navigator> aye. aye.
[22:13] <Andy__> yes
[22:13] <hisfluffiness> Aye
[22:13] <Jamie_> yes
[22:13] <allosphere> aye
[22:13] <Curtbutnotshort_> Yes
[22:14] <bunny> yes
[22:14] <lumos> yes
[22:14] <tirohia_> yes
[22:14] <Secretary_> yes
[22:14] <Ronan_> yes
[22:14] <communications> yes
[22:15] == Iliketoparty [65626548@gateway/web/freenode/ip.101.98.101.72] has quit [Quit: Page closed]
[22:15] <Jaz> Yes
[22:16] <Jaz> 14 votes in favour. More than the required 51%. Motion passed.
[22:16] <Jaz> Is there still a Media sub-committee?
[22:17] <communications> no, it's the comms dept now
[22:17] <Jaz> If we want to discontinue a sub-committee i.e. Admin & Media do we need to call a vote or do we just leave it off and that is enough to discontinue it?
[22:18] == Curtbutnotshort_ [794a09ab@gateway/web/freenode/ip.121.74.9.171] has quit [Ping timeout: 252 seconds]
[22:18] <Secretary_> no to media sub-committee
[22:18] <lumos> if you don't call a vote to continue it then it would cease
[22:19] <Secretary_> " 6.7 Voting for Committee-only or Subcommittee-only decisions may occur by email within the Google Group or other email list that has been set up for the purpose. Feedback from Ordinary Members may be sought through the Kiwiburn internet forum."
[22:19] <Andy__> It can cease independent of AGM vote
[22:20] <Secretary_> "7. Shall be subject to a vote at every AGM requiring a majority of the voting members to authorise the Subcommittees continued existence."

[22:20] <Jaz> Is the Admin sub-committee still operating or can I just leave it out please Tania & Geveta.

[22:21] <Tanz> Leave it out :)

[22:21] <Tanz> We'll run it as a department

[22:21] <Jaz> Great thanks. Next items on the agenda is - Available volunteer positions.

[22:21] <Secretary_> agreed

[22:21] <Jaz> We need to recruit for the Arts Facilitator role as an ExCom member. Do we have a job description?

[22:21] <Andy__> Note as we are confirming CC as sub committee can a propose a vote to exclude CC from teh requirement to make all internet sub committee meeting minutes public (as per rule 6,8)

[22:22] <Tanz> Seconded

[22:22] <communications> yes

[22:22] <Jamie_> yes

[22:22] <Paddy> Aye

[22:22] <hisfluffiness> That's fair enough. Aye.

[22:22] <Ronan_> yes

[22:22] <Jaz> Ha thank you Andy! Yes

[22:22] <Kalizahira> aye

[22:22] <bunny> yup

[22:22] <lumos> yes

[22:23] <Secretary_> yes

[22:24] <tirohia_> yes

[22:24] <Jaz> Anyone else over there on the side able to vote please?

[22:24] <allosphere> nay

[22:24] == curtbutnotshort [794a09ab@gateway/web/freenode/ip.121.74.9.171] has joined #Kiwiburn

[22:26] <Jaz> 11 votes in favour. 1 vote against. More than the required 51% are in favour. Motion passed.

[22:27] <Jaz> Before I move on to the next item. Did we want to vote in the Culture Focus Group as a sub-committee or is too soon for that?

[22:27] <Ronan_> too soon

[22:28] <communications> I don't see it as a sub committee. more as a temporary discussion

[22:28] == Ryry_ [7a38c7f6@gateway/web/freenode/ip.122.56.199.246] has quit [Ping timeout: 252 seconds]

[22:28] <Kalizahira> would there be a benefit of being a sub committee at this point?

[22:28] <Secretary_> Andy - are ExCom able to vote in a sub-committee at any time, but have to vote to continue existence at AGM?

[22:28] <Kalizahira> It is quite a bit beyond a temporary discussion

[22:29] <Jaz> It really is yes. Let's save it for another time.

[22:29] == curtbutnotshort [794a09ab@gateway/web/freenode/ip.121.74.9.171] has quit [Ping timeout: 252 seconds]

[22:29] <Secretary_> Agreed it could be an area for discussion more than a sub-committee. Sub-committee's have reporting or check in obligations (once a month) and the like

[22:29] <communications> undertsnad, tho it's how it's been presented. I wouldn't necessarily have joined a formal subcommittee for example

[22:29] <Secretary_> good point Shelley

[22:29] <Andy__> Can vote it in anytime

[22:30] <Andy__> AGM only votes for continued existence

[22:30] <Secretary_> thanks Andy

[22:30] <Kalizahira> Ah so we need to differentiate between being involved in a discussion vs buying on a committee

[22:31] <lumos> Kali makes a very good point

[22:31] <Kalizahira> the same as people here share there opinions and can even vote but arnt automaticly on the excom

[22:31] == communications [79625862@gateway/web/freenode/ip.121.98.88.98]

[22:31] == realname : 121.98.88.98 - <http://webchat.freenode.net>

[22:31] == channels : #Kiwiburn

[22:31] == server : herbert.freenode.net [Webchat]

[22:31] == idle : 0 days 0 hours 2 minutes 15 seconds [connected: Mon Aug 27 20:01:31 2018]

[22:31] == End of WHOIS

[22:32] <Secretary_> valid points. this can be discussed on an ExCom live thread (also voted on if we choose at any later date)

[22:32] <Kalizahira> There is a lot more going on behind the scenes than a why do you like KB thread. So maybe we do need to be a committee

[22:32] <Andy__> As per its name I understood it was Focus Group at this stage to get input from the Community

[22:33] <Secretary_> that makes sense

[22:33] <Andy__> To be sub committee under current ules ExCom need to have terms of reference etc for it

[22:33] <bunny> it doesn't feel like a committee at this stage, at least from the pov of someone on it

[22:34] <Secretary_> sorry Kali - I meant the idea/notion of this being a committee and what that entails can be done on an ExCom live thread, and we can vote it in a sub-committee after this discussion if we so wish

[22:35] <Kalizahira> We are working towards running a focus group currently we are at the consultation phase. The threads are not the committee, the threads are threads. I think mostly Jo didn't want to run another committee =p

[22:35] <Jaz> Yes I know I brought it up but we really need to move on to the next item.

[22:35] <communications> yes, and if it gets voted in, also let people know it's a committee before they join, so it's clear

[22:35] <lumos> I joined a focus group that I expected to have a limited life rather than a committee that tends to have a much longer life

[22:36] <Tanz> I like it being an open focus group, its more accessible to the wider community that way.

[22:36] <Jaz> Everyone, this can move to another discussion please. We have established it can voted in outside of the AGM.

[22:36] <Kalizahira> ok so confirming talking on the thread does not mean you have joined a community. That was never what I was saying sweet moving on

[22:37] <Jaz> Cool thanks. Back to the available volunteer positions.

[22:37] <Tanz> How much more is on the agenda Jaz?

[22:37] <Jaz> We need to recruit for the Arts Facilitator role as an ExCom member. Do we have a job description?

[22:37] <Jaz> Just this and "other issues"

[22:37] <communications> no jd yet

[22:38] <Secretary_> no JD I can find

[22:38] <Jaz> Ok so we can't do anything without a job description.

[22:39] <communications> other current available roles on website

[22:39] <allosphere> dealing with all the artists

[22:39] <Jaz> How did we recruit for the last person who filled this? Or is it that the Volunteer Department has a JD but hasn't supplied it?

[22:40] <Jaz> I'll get to other positions.

[22:40] <Secretary_> Jamie approached Mel as the KAC Lead

[22:40] <navigator>

[22:40] <communications> volunteer dept should be following this up.

[22:40] <Jaz> Ah ok.

[22:41] <Jaz> I'll chase them up before they go on leave etc.

[22:41] <communications> mel has indicated previously that some changes need to be made to jd. jd has not been supplied yet to make changes.

[22:41] <Jaz> Understood.

[22:42] <Jaz> I'll follow this up. We will not have a Volunteer Department available for the next 2 months however.

[22:42] <communications> will be posted here when ready
<http://www.kiwiburn.com/participate/volunteer-opportunities/>

[22:42] <Jaz> Thanks

[22:43] <Jaz> We just need to make sure that the applications go to the secretary?

[22:44] <Secretary_> think web is set up where these go direct to Volunteers

[22:44] <communications> yes, tho they will be out of action for two months so we need plan b

[22:45] <Secretary_> for the two months, I can check the email and forward any Arts Facilitator application to secretary, as per normal

[22:45] <Jaz> Right ok. Let's make the plan on the ExCom thread about this.

[22:45] <Secretary_> ok

[22:46] <Jaz> Before we start recruiting for other available positions I would like us to focus on growing the Volunteer Department and supporting the fine tuning of the volunteer management system.before we look at recruiting other positions. We also need to go through all the job descriptions and ensure there is sufficient documentation for the position we will be recruiting for.

[22:46] <Jamie_> I am happy to work with the Volunteer Co Leads too

[22:47] <Secretary_> agreed these need to be rehashed, however I think Karl may have the most recent JDs on is personal g Drive

[22:47] <Jaz> Thanks Jamie. Yes Jamie and I have talked to the Volunteer Department and arranged roughly when we can meet with them.

[22:47] <Paddy> That would make sense, supporting and recruiting follies seems to be an ongoing issue.

[22:47] <Secretary_> I can ask him to share this so I can move it all into the Kiiwburn Documents G Drive where all departments and leads can access and update

[22:48] <communications> please make that happen asap

[22:49] <Secretary_> ok

[22:49] <Jaz> Anyone in the meeting who is keen to get involved with the Volunteer Department please contact Jamie crew@kiwiburn.com

[22:50] <Jaz> That department needs heaps of support as there are only 2 of them

[22:50] <communications> can we maybe keep people sending to volunteer@ email and get a redirect to crew@ so kb still has all relevant emails in the right place?

[22:50] <Jaz> If we can get them set up properly we can work on our volunteer issues

[22:50] <Tanz> We also need admin team volunteers- this probably crosses over with vols with regards to documentation updating. There are also only two of us.

[22:50] <Jaz> Oh yes sure Shelley

[22:51] <Secretary_> agreed

[22:51] <Jaz> Do the Admin department update the JD's and manuals?

[22:52] <Secretary_> should be theoretically done by each team lead/department lead?

[22:52] <communications> each dept updates their own jds usually, often in conjunction with volunteer dept, is my understanding

[22:52] <Secretary_> having the most knowledge of what the role demands
[22:52] <Secretary_> yup
[22:52] <communications> I think volunteer dept wrote a lot of them too
[22:53] == Ryry [7a38c7f6@gateway/web/freenode/ip.122.56.199.246] has joined #Kiwiburn
[22:53] <Secretary_> yup
[22:54] <Jaz> Tanz can you clarify what the cross over with Vols would be? The idea is that we get the Volunteer Department up and running with all the resources required to take over all the recruiting
[22:55] == navigator [76957788@gateway/web/freenode/ip.118.149.119.136] has quit [Quit: Page closed]
[22:55] <Jaz> So that they can work efficiently which means they would be able to recruit for the Admin Department
[22:56] == navigator [76957788@gateway/web/freenode/ip.118.149.119.136] has joined #Kiwiburn
[22:56] <Tanz> Working though and getting all the JD's onto drive, checking for consistency and getting dept leads to update etc. Since Karl and Hollie are both away till Nov it would be hard for them to train new members of the team till they get back.
[22:57] <Jaz> No none of this can start until we meet them in November.
[22:57] <Secretary_> I can help with gettin/filing JDs on drive if karl shares his folder with me
[22:57] <Secretary_> like i could do that this weekend if he shares it
[22:57] <Jaz> Are you happy to ask him Geveta?
[22:58] <Secretary_> not updating peoples JDs again, but getting the most current up in our system
[22:58] <Secretary_> yup sure thing
[22:58] <Tanz> Ok, so shall we move on to 'other issues' and wrap up since we can't move forward with vols now?
[22:58] <Jaz> It would be really helpful getting an idea of the current status of the JD's anyway
[22:59] <Secretary_> agreed with both point
[23:00] <Secretary_> next?
[23:00] <Jaz> Right. Does anyone have any other business they would like to discuss before we adjourn the meeting?
[23:00] <BillParkin> Can we publish the means of paying for membership so the society's funds don't disappear with the new year and a total absence of members? Bank account, email address and a clue to link the deposit and the email, say.
[23:01] <communications> yes, we can do that on the website
[23:01] <Secretary_> nice
[23:01] <communications> we should def do that
[23:01] <BillParkin> Please :-)
[23:01] <Jaz> There is also a thread discussing this we can update
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/kiwiburnexcomlive/BSFUifJJVRE>
[23:01] <communications> thanks for suggestion
[23:01] <Andy__> Yes we can but probably best done as part of a PSA regarding on-going membership in general once ExCom form a recommendation
[23:01] <Secretary_> agreed on PSA
[23:01] <navigator> The conversation seems to have gotten quite narrow. Interested in what the full outline of the committees are? Not that KB should have a hierarchy, but what is the process here?
[23:02] <Andy__> New members more than welcome to sign up immediately , KB members are still financial till end of this year
[23:02] <Secretary_> we have an existing org chart on the kiwiburn web page, will post
[23:02] <navigator> ah, thank you.
[23:02] <allosphere> maybe a date for membership renewal
[23:03] <Secretary_> <http://www.kiwiburn.com/?s=org+structure>

[23:03] <communications> could add the info here <http://www.kiwiburn.com/about/how-it-works/>

[23:04] <Jaz> Are you happy with that Bill?

[23:04] <Secretary_> also there's a live discussion thread <navigator> for the revision of the org structure

[23:04] <BillParkin> Membership email probably has to say who and for which year the payment is. I'll look in the link shortly, but yes.

[23:04] <Andy__> Membership year starts technically from when a person "buys a ticket for, and attends, a Festival"

[23:05] <Secretary_> <https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/kiwiburnexcomlive/yJH6ID0o44> live thread for org structure revision

[23:05] <Andy__> For direct membership it would currently be from when payment of \$15 made

[23:07] <allosphere> is there anything else i

[23:07] <allosphere> would like to go to bed

[23:07] <communications> same

[23:07] <BillParkin> Probably need to tidy the continuing membership rollover system. The current wording can be made to work.

[23:07] <Jaz> Yes is there anything else?

[23:07] <Secretary_> same hehe

[23:07] <BillParkin> No.

[23:07] <Secretary_> at absolute risk

[23:08] <hisfluffiness> I would like to pass a motion that we all go to bed :)

[23:08] <Secretary_> Andy - is there any point on proposing continued memebrship fee for non current year attended members be reduced to \$0 for next year?

[23:08] <Secretary_> then upped to \$15 again at the next AGM

[23:09] <Andy__> Not at this stage, it is part of discussion to be had on membership and Budget

[23:09] <Jaz> That sounds like a discussion for the ExCom thread ;)

[23:09] <Secretary_> (this was something you touched on on a at thread)

[23:09] <Secretary_> maybe but we can't change this fee outside of AGM

[23:09] <Andy__> Yes one option to consider

[23:10] <tirohia_> I gotta crash, ta muchly for your time everyone. Thanks for running this Jaz.

[23:10] <Secretary_> and if not having an event messes with our membership this is the time to do it :/

[23:10] == rosegold [7a3a9728@gateway/web/freenode/ip.122.58.151.40] has quit [Ping timeout: 252 seconds]

[23:10] <Secretary_> do you reckon we pass on this Andy?

[23:10] <navigator> just want to say thank you for the info above reL <secretary> and <communications>, but also to all - thank you! and good night. <3

[23:10] == tirohia_ [68ec0718@gateway/web/freenode/ip.104.236.7.24] has quit [Quit: Page closed]

[23:10] <Andy__> Rules don't require membership fee to be changed at AGM as such - though often normal practice. Can always call Special meeting if needed

[23:10] <Jaz> Why would we reduce it to \$0?

[23:11] <Jaz> the following year?

[23:11] <Secretary_> thanks kindly!

[23:11] <Secretary_> oh yeah thats right haha valid

[23:11] <communications> reduce to 0 as no event in 2019

[23:11] <Secretary_> special meetings I forgot

[23:11] <lumos> just leave it at \$15, it's a minimal price really and KB could use the funds

[23:11] <allosphere> I think it should stay 15 as there only needs to be 15 ppl min that pay for membership for the society to continue

[23:11] <Jaz> Agreed.

[23:12] <Secretary_> just checking
[23:12] <BillParkin> I agree with retaining a real fee. Far fewer potential problems.
[23:12] <allosphere> there are still expenses for the society so therefore should still be a membership fee
[23:12] <Paddy> I also recon leave it as is
[23:12] <communications> good points
[23:12] <hisfluffiness> Shall we make that an actual vote?
[23:13] <Jaz> We don't need to vote on that
[23:13] <allosphere> no need unless we are proposing a change
[23:13] <Jaz> We're not making a change to the rules
[23:13] <hisfluffiness> Cool
[23:14] <Secretary_> all done then?
[23:14] <Jaz> Ok is everyone good to adjourn the meeting?
[23:14] <hisfluffiness> I am not nearly caffeinated enough for this.
[23:14] <Kalizahira> done, thanks everyone
[23:14] <BillParkin> Thank you to all the Excom.
[23:14] <bunny> so ready for it to be over. cheers all
[23:14] <lumos> thank you all.....

[23:14] <hisfluffiness> Nga mihi koutou.
[23:14] <Jamie_> yip
[23:15] <Tanz> Thanks for participating everyone!
[23:15] <allosphere> good for me
[23:15] <Paddy> Thank you all for your hard work, and sweet dreams everyone.
[23:15] <hisfluffiness> Peace
[23:15] == lumos [6745e56e@gateway/web/freenode/ip.103.69.229.110] has quit [Quit: Page closed]
[23:15] <allosphere> thanks for all the effort with putting all the processes online.
[23:15] <Andy__> Its good night from me
[23:15] <Jaz> Appreciate your participation everyone. Thanks for your valuable time and input.
[23:15] == Kalizahira [caa82b17@gateway/web/freenode/ip.202.168.43.23] has quit [Quit: Page closed]
[23:15] <Jaz> Good night!
[23:15] <Andy__> Thanks Jaz
[23:15] == hisfluffiness [7949483b@gateway/web/freenode/ip.121.73.72.59] has left #Kiwiburn []
[23:16] == bunny [794a2485@gateway/web/freenode/ip.121.74.36.133] has quit [Quit: Page closed]
[23:16] <Jaz> Geveta you good to copy this?
[23:16] <Ronan_> thanks Jaz and everyone else
[23:16] <Jamie_> Thanks everyone
[23:16] <navigator> Thanks Jaz. Much love.
[23:16] <communications> I've copied it
[23:17] <Jaz> In the word of my Big Nob predecessor..."Awesomesauce"