Poster Design Competition
The Art Theme for 2021 is:
“Come one, Come all, The Mythical Picnic is our destination. Invite the Unicorns, Gryphons and Krakens… Even the Cyclopes’, Gremlins and Bunyips are invited! Bring to life your imagination and bring out your inner myth “If you go down in the Paddock today You’re sure of a big surprise…”
– Miss Hannigan (Pepperland)
Now we need a poster design to showcase the theme!
Untold glory and accolades will be awarded to the artist who can best capture the essence of Kiwiburn’s 2021 theme in a poster format. You will see it everywhere, as the winning design will be adapted for stickers, wristbands and volunteer patches too. The competition is open to all graphic artists, and those who have a fabulous idea (and a designer friend who can turn your idea into usable artwork).
View past Kiwiburn posters here: The Theme
Artwork specifications are:
- A3 or A4; can be portrait or landscape
- preferred formats to set files up in:
– Adobe Illustrator (.ai);
– InDesign (.indd);
– Photoshop (.psd)
- min. 300dpi resolution
- must include:
– the art theme;
– the Kiwiburn Megamorphosis Man (can be in background) download vector pdf
– the Kiwiburn logo download vector pdf
– the dates;
– the location;
– the Kiwiburn website;
– the words: New Zealand’s Regional Burning Man Event
- your design should embrace and reflect the art theme, and Kiwiburn
- Kiwiburn’s somewhat ‘quasi-official’ font for information is DIN, tho it’s not mandatory to use it.
- the judges decision is final
- the winner will be required to supply open files to Kiwiburn for use via an electronic dropbox, Google Drive, etc
- Kiwiburn reserves the right to change elements of the design for readability, preferably in consultation with and working with the artist to achieve the desired result
- Kiwiburn will own all image rights for future use
- Kiwiburn will use the poster design on it’s website and social media pages and promotional materials as required.
- Kiwiburn 21 (or 2021)
- Mythical Picnic
- 27 January –1 February 2021
- New Zealand’s Regional Burning Man Event
Submitting your entry
- the competition closes at midnight on Sunday 17 May 2020.
- the winner will be announced mid-May
- submit your design in a digital format: pdf preferred, jpeg acceptable; no other formats accepted.
- keep the original working files (.ai, .indd, .psd) – we will need these from the winner
- file size no larger than 64MB
- write a short artist’s statement explaining your design.
- we will need your original working files to allow the design team to adapt the files for different collateral
- we will collaborate with the winning designer if we feel the design needs further development to be finalised
- your name will be used on the website, newsletter and in social media crediting your work.