Burnable Arts – Temple and Effigy
Design Lead Applications for Kiwiburn 2022
If you think you have what it takes to design / lead / build the Effigy or Temple then you are in the right place!
These amazing pieces over the years have surprised, stunned, and enchanted those that have attended Kiwiburn, and this is your chance to turn your thoughts into reality for us all to enjoy.
If you have never designed for a Burn before, we suggest you have a read about the significance of the Temple and Effigy. These are both very special pieces of art and you will definitely get bonus points for embracing all that they mean to our community.
Start by downloading and reading the Info Pack. This explains the process, the information needed at different stages of the process, as well as outlining a timeline, material guidelines, example applications and budgets, along with other useful bits and bobs
Do you have a great idea for Effigy or Temple for 2022?
We are now looking for expressions of interest for Temple & Effigy describing the concept and goals for your artwork. We don’t expect you to know allllll the details yet though want to see you have a solid concept which we can get excited about, because we know you’ve had the idea in your head since the last Burn and have put lots of thought into the details. These will be assessed, and we’ll come back for detailed plans in August if your concept is one we’d like to explore further, with final selection in September.
As you may know the Theme for 2022 is Time Travel and this should help to guide your creative juices in taking on this exceptional opportunity to amaze the burner community! To help your planning we would like to understand how your concept would:
- provide a shared experience for the community to engage with
- be experienced at day and at night
- be as accessible as possible to all the community
- Use recycled materials where possible
- be safe for the crew to build, and the community to enjoy.
- surprise and delight people!
- leave no trace
- fit within the budget and time available
- be delivered in reality, bearing in mind we’re looking for a great experience, not the most complex engineering! Remember the more work at heights is required, the more experienced crew and equipment you’ll need!
Some points to note:
- Build Crews can consist of 12 members + one support engineer, budget for 2022 is $9000 excluding GST (without contingency)
- Build can start offsite and onsite the team will have meals supplied
- Working together across the Effigy and Temple for resource sharing is seen as beneficial.
- Passion and Creativity for Big Art is truly valued.
- EOI Open 13 July until 1 August 2021
- Mid August we will contact those that we feel can bring their plans to life and work with them to develop final plans
- September we announce to the community successful designs
Need Support / Want to chat
Please feel free to email Jasmin – email@example.com
Happy to give you a call or put you in touch with a host of previous design and build crew members that have offered to support.