Today, New Zealand announced that gatherings of more than 500 people are banned, which matches rules imposed in other countries, all in an effort to help stop the spread of the Covid-19 virus. This follows requirements to self-isolate for any visitor to a foreign country (aside from Pacific Islands), also an effort matched by many other countries. Covid-19 is changing our way of life, certainly in the immediate future.
With a number of upcoming Burner community events in New Zealand, make sure to exercise common sense and follow suggested protocol. Event organisers should ensure all possible contingencies have been considered, and resources made available for participants to ensure hygienic conditions on site:
- Avoid international travel and limit domestic travel where possible
- Keep social distance with others and adopt alternative ways to greet instead of hugs, and physical touch
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and dry them thoroughly
- Cover your coughs and sneezes using your elbow
- Avoid touching your face
- Avoid sharing personal items
- Keep surfaces hygienic with regular cleaning
- Self isolate and seek medical help if you have symptoms or have interacted with anyone who has symptoms or come into contact with someone how has tested positive.
The latest information from our government can be found here: https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/diseases-and-conditions/covid-19-novel-coronavirus