You know what the best thing about Virtual Burn is? Everyone can participate – no matter where you are in the world. Check out this tantalizing teaser video of the experience that awaits us all when we create it together, and then visit the Virtual Burn website that is now LIVE! Get your early bird tickets through July 15.
Virtual Burn is no tedious Zoom call. It’s a journey to up to six immersive Virtual Worlds of fun, art, and wild and delightfully weird experiences including a Burn Week Global Live Stream full of Burner ingenuity, creativity and community, and we’re calling on you to bring your local regional flair to the experience. Let’s showcase the awesome Burner communities of the Regional Network!
We’ll make it easy with a menu of options for participation.
WHAT IS THE BURN WEEK GLOBAL LIVE STREAM?
It’s an official Virtual Burn Experience designed to amplify and show off Global Burning Man Culture, which is perfectly embodied in the many regional communities, artist collectives, and events that have proliferated across the world.
- The live stream will simulcast in multiple worlds August 22, and run a broadcast each day from August 29 until September 5
- It will feature communities from a different continent each day of the week of August 29, Monday-Friday for 3 hours each day. New Zealand and Australia are first up, on August 29th!
- On Saturday there will be a 24-hour stream featuring all parts of the globe.
- On Sunday, explore the Regional Temple Profiles / Stories, featuring interviews, footage of Burner created temples, narrative about the projects, and how the community is evolving the concept as it spreads the globe. That programming will then lead up to the stream of the online temple burn organized by the Lotus Temple Immersive Team.
- The goal is to bring the global community together through info sharing, education, and play!
HOW CAN YOU PARTICIPATE?
Burn Week Global Live Stream is a venue for you to share a little (or a lot) about your region, art, and community. You have flexibility in what you create, but we have some ideas for you.
1. Host a Live In Person event that we will stream in real time. For example:
- A 1-3 hour live talk show about your part of the world on one day Mon-Fri. You might partner with others in New Zealand/Australia.
- A short talk or show-and-tell to give a flavor of what usually goes on in your region
- A fun Burner Travel Show and live tour of your event or Burner community art space
- Commentary over a highlights reel of what you did/are doing to stay sane during the pandemic
- Your local Regional Contact or Regional Event team might preview what you are planning next in your region, etc.
- A special page can be created for you on Burn Week, with or without a chat where you can broadcast a gathering in your region to the people of Earth! This can be a backyard thing or something bigger. (Note: Requires a stable internet connection and technical savvy on your team to run OBS or similar. The Burn Week Team can provide some support to help you get setup.)
- Interviews or statements from Regional Event Temple builders or Burners who have created temple-style art inspired by our community’s tradition of temple making.
2. Create Pre-recorded Content. For example:
- Invite key people into a video conference, and record an interview or discussion about past events, upcoming events or philosophies
- A highlight reel or archival footage from previous Kiwiburns
- A narrated slideshow telling the story about New Zealand / Kiwiburn
- Showcase artists who are connected with Kiwiburn
- A story about a temple, temple team, or meaningful experience at a regional temple or at the Temple at Burning Man
3. Something we haven’t thought of : )
The Burn Week Team is also searching for thoughtful emcees to speak knowledgeably about the Global Burner Network, history and culture. So hit them up at email@example.com if you are interested or know great candidates.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Featuring your amazing community and region/event
- Connecting new community members with each other in your region
- Building community through hosting live events or creating content
- Helping people understand that Burning Man is a year-round, global community
HOW DO I SIGN UP?
Go to https://portl.com/burnweek/participate-together/ and fill out the form. Let us know what it is you would like to do. If you already have something to upload, the form will provide an opportunity to share your files. Upload away!…and, if you can, add a title page and a running title/watermark with name of the event and location so it is clear what people are looking at during the broadcast.
The Burn Week Team looks forward to hearing from you! If you would like to reach the Burn Week Team directly, please be in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact the local Burning Man Regional Contact, Shelley, at email@example.com .