A recent post in our facebook Group sparked a robust discussion around dealing with community members exhibiting behaviours which breach our Conditions of Entry.
It is important to understand:
- Incidents can be reported on site to Rangers or the Site Manager when they occur, or any time after the event to the Conduct Committee.
- Organisers do not know everything about everyone in the community, and rely on you to let them know, and to help keep your community safe.
- Kiwiburn takes the safety of its participants very seriously, and has an obligation to follow a rigorous process when banning people.
- Decisions cannot be based on hearsay, only on direct reports.
- These cases are often complex with conflicting factors to consider.
- The Conduct Committee is seeking new members with relevant skills.
Read more about the Conduct Committee process here.