While Kiwiburn has endeavoured under New Zealand law to ensure safety at this event, you voluntarily assume the risk of serious injury or death by attending this event and release Kiwiburn from any claim arising from this risk.
- Only registered Theme Camps, Art Installations and Volunteers who have a good reason to be there will be allowed to enter prior to the official start of the event. So please register as soon as possible.
- You must bring enough food, water, shelter and first aid to survive the entire length of the event. If you wish to leave the festival and return, you will be required to purchase a $20 gate pass.
- Commercial vending is prohibited, as are all firearms, fireworks, rockets and other explosives.
- You agree to read and abide by ALL rules of the survival guide and to follow local and New Zealand laws. This is a LEAVE NO TRACE, pack it in, pack it OUT event.
- Your ticket includes annual membership subscription to Kiwiburn Incorporated Society and you agree to abide by the Rules of that society.
- You are asked to contribute one hour of site clean up in addition to your own camp before departure.
- Art installations, Theme Camps and performances are not owned or operated by Kiwiburn and you therefore also assume any and all risk of injury associated with or arising from their operation or occurrence.
- All vehicles including trucks, trailers, and campers entering and exiting Kiwiburn are subject to search by the Gate staff.
- Tickets are nonrefundable even if the event is terminated early or canceled due to harsh weather, acts of nature, governmental regulation or other conditions beyond Kiwiburn’s control.
- Use of images taken at Kiwiburn (other than personal use) is prohibited without the prior written consent of Kiwiburn.
- Your ticket is a revocable license that may be revoked by Kiwiburn for any reason.
- Kiwiburn is a decommodified event. Tickets may not be sold or transferred for consideration above the Kiwiburn original face value price (including booking fee) whether in isolation or in conjunction with any other product or service. Where Kiwiburn has a reasonable belief that a ticket is being, or has been, effectively sold or transferred above face value, Kiwiburn may, at its sole discretion, cancel the ticket rendering the ticket invalid.
- In line with decommodification, tickets may not be used for promotional purposes without Kiwiburn’s explicit prior consent.
- Please abide by the Ten Guiding Principles.
Your use of a ticket confirms your agreement to the terms reflected above.
- Please ensure that your valuables and belongings are secure. All care will be taken but no responsibility will be accepted, by the organisers or volunteers, for theft or injury.
- You are responsible for your own safety and that of any children in your care. The organisers advise you to take extra care whilst in hazardous areas and ensure that children in your care are always accompanied by a responsible adult. Parents and guardians are responsible for the safety and behaviour of their children. Unsupervised children will be gifted to authority figures.
- There will be no selling or financial transactions at the event.
- No animals please. Any member of the public bringing animals may be asked to leave, regardless of what they may or may not have already paid.
- No fires are to be lit in the general camping area. Open fires are only permitted where the fire safety officer has given their approval.
LEAVE NO TRACE that you were ever there. Take all your rubbish out with you.