We are done resting and we are regrouping! If you want to contribute to KB 2023 as a year round volunteer, this is the time to join a team. Year round volunteers:
- Are the backbone of the organisation
- Work throughout the year (duh!) – some of them also work onsite while others take the Burn easy and rest on their well-earned laurels!
- Are in line for volunteer ticket allocations – so if the lottery scares you, this is a way to secure a ticket.
As we turn the page to Kiwiburn 2023, there are multiple roles available to experienced Burners and newbies alike:
- Our ExCom has been restructured, with many new posts being created, and some shifts in the ranks. Read all about the ExCom roles and their 2iC spots here.
- Surveying Lead: It’s like drawing a map on the ground in 1:1 scale! The surveying lead manages a team of 5 volunteers laying down the markings for theme camps and artwork. You need to have experience surveying, and be available for 5 days before the event. However, you are not needed during the event itself!
- Blog Writer: The Kiwiburn Blog needs you! We want writers who understand the Burner spirit and the 10 principles, and enjoy and succeed at writing long-form essays known as “Blogs” (the kids these days and their lingo). This role is year round but has zero responsibilities at the Burn, so perfect for Partay!
- Electric Fencepost Writer: With Jo stepping into the Comms 2iC role, we need more souls to work on our weekly newsletter. This is a lovely year round gig, no Burn responsibilities, and great promotion opportunities (as it turns out). You also get to write about yourself in the third person from time to time which can be fun . (Jo is amazing at that!)